Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Young & the Elderly

Last night, I had a meeting with the World Youth Day pilgrims from St. Patrick's. I had the opportunity to celebrate Mass the first time at St. Patrick's. It was a Mass in honor of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. I gathered the young people at the church to pray for the success of our trip to Australia. I also invited them to go to Confession before the trip. I was in the confessional till almost 10 pm. It was a very wonderful prayerful experience with my future young parisnioners.

Today, I celebrated Mass the last time at Holy Family Hospital. It is a place where I got many beautiful experiences of serving the sick and the elderly. I thank God for the many opporuntities to give the Anointing of the Sick at this Hospital. After Mass, there was a farewell lunch with the voluneers of Holy Family. The voluneers include parishioners from Corpus Christi, St. Patrick' s & St. Anthony's.