Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day of a Priest

I had quite a full day today. This morning I had 2 Masses. I gave the Catechism lesson to the young people after the 2nd Mass. I spent the day with the young people @ Science World. In the afternoon we came back. I did my private prayers, spent a few moments uploading pictures to the blog. From 6 to 7 pm, I led the Novena of Our Lady of Perpetual Help & gave Benediction. At 7 pm I had to give a Baptismal Preparation lesson to the couples & godparents, whose babies will be baptized soon.  At 7: 20 pm I said the 3rd Mass for a member of the Legion of Mary who celebrated his 50th birthday today. A stranger asked to talk to me after Mass. After listening to him, I was asked to lead Grace for the Birthday Banquet. I then drove to Richmond for a get-together of WYD Pilgrims with visitors from Brisbane, Australia. Right now, I am waiting for the conclusion of the Birthday Banquet, so that I can alarm the building......

On a busy day like today, I found prayer is very very important. Making time to pray demands self-discipline, but the peace & strength that flow f/ prayer allow us to do even more things for God and for souls. There are 3 types of prayers which I pray daily. They are simple but very profound: the Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office), the Holy Rosary, and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. These 3 types of prayers and the Holy Mass are the supports behind all my priestly works.

 

50th Birthday Celebration....

P1000641  

P1000642 P1000643

 

WYD Pilgrims Get-Together......

P1000644

P1000645

Visitors f/ Brisbane, Australia.....

P1000646