Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Getting Ready for ECCCLC

Tomorrow, I will be going to Toronto for Eastern Canada Chinese Catholic Living Camp (ECCCLC). I will be the speaker for this camp. This camp is for young Chinese Catholics (age 17 to 35). There will be around 200 participants. For more information about the camp please visit......

ECCCLC Web Site

I was planning the talks for the camp this morning. I will give 3 major talks during the camp. The theme of the 1st talk is on Holy Eucharist & Confession; the theme of the 2nd talk is on Prayer & Penance; and the theme of the 3rd talk is on witnessing by Word, Example, & Prayer.

One of the things I did today is to obtain a first class relic (part of the body) of St. Maria Goretti from my spiritual director. Including this new relic, I now have 3 first class relics with documents. The other 2 saints are St. Gemma Galgani & Blessed Anne Marie Taigi. I will bring these 3 relics to ECCCLC, and at the end of each major talk, I will share the story of one of the saints, and bless the young people with the relic.

Relic of Saint Maria Goretti:

P1000709 P1000712

Relic of Saint Gemma Galgani:

P1000711

Relic of Blessed Anne Marie Taigi:

P1000710

All three 1st class relics:

P1000713

After obtaining the relic this afternoon, I went to the Hospital, intending to say good-bye to the patients before my trip, and to bless a mother who was expecting twins.

But to my surprise, the mother already gave birth to them, so I baptized the 2 baby girls today and blessed each of them with the relic of St. Maria Goretti.

The elder sister:

P1000705

The younger sister (she was weaker, so we didn't want her to expose to too much light):

P1000706

One interesting thing is that the older sister is one minute older than the younger one. But when I baptized them, without thinking, I baptized the younger one first, then the older one. So, now they got even with each other! In natural birth, one is 1 minute older than the other, but in spiritual birth, the other is 1 minute older!!

I ask the readers of this blog to pray for the baby girls and the parents. I promised them that I will ask many people to pray for them.

After the Baptism, I visited the other 2 babies that I baptized earlier. I also blessed them with the relic. I would like to thank your prayers, they have improved alot!!! Another baby girl that I baptized last month had been discharged from the hospital earlier this month.

Little baby Jacinta did extremely well after her Baptism. In just one week, she is now able to play toys and talk. The father of baby Jacinta would like to express his gratitude for your prayers.

P1000575

P1000708