Friday, September 12, 2008

Holy Name of Mary

Today is the Feast of the Holy Name of Mary. The name "Mary" means "Lady", "Sea of Sorrows", & "Star of the Sea".

Our Lady is the Mother of our King, Jesus. She is our Queen & Mother.

She suffered with her Son. He shed His Blood for us, & she shed her tears for us.

Mary is our Star in the midst of earthly storms (temptations, trials, pains, & sufferings).

The devil confessed that he was very afraid of Devotion to Our Lady. Once, St. John Bosco forced the devil to confess the things that he feared the most. The 2 things that the devil fear the most are: Devotion to Our Lady & Good Resolutions in Confession.

P1020178 P1020179

Today, I was working with Fr. Eugenio Aloisio (Fr. Gino) to visit the classrooms @ St. Pats High School. We introduced ourselves & shared our vocation stories with the students. Fr. Gino shared his close-to-death experience. It was edifying to see  Fr. Gino spoke to the students from the heart.

I also shared my vocation story of how I was inspired by the Salesians in H.K. & by other good priests in Vancouver. I became more serious about the spiritual life after reading Lives of the Saints. And I became more prayerful after hearing about the apparitions of Our Lady. I also shared about the sense of peace I experienced after say "yes" to God.

It is very wonderful to be a priest. We received so much from God, & we should share with others.