Today is the Feast of the Korean Martyrs (St. Andrew Kim & Companions). The Korean Martyrs reminded me of the Martyrs in modern time. I am now reading a book on the Catholic Martyrs of the 20th Century. It is a wonderful book to read.
This morning, I had the Chinese RCIA. I got 8 people coming. 4 Catholics & 4 non-Catholics. A small class provides me the opportunities to pay more attention to the needs of each student.
I shared with the students the definition of "Happiness" according to St. Thomas Aquinas. We have true happiness when the purpose of our life is fulfilled. God is the purpose of our life. The saints are the happiest people on earth. The martyrs were joyful & peaceful in the midst of greatest difficulties & torments.
We talked about the Apostles' Creed as the summary of what we Catholics believe. Today we talked about 2 major topics: God & Holy Trinity.
Who is God?
God is the Supreme Being, infinitely perfect, who made all things and keep them in existence.
Attributes of God:
Principal internal attributes of God:
Main relatives attributes of God:
- All-Powerful (Omnipotence)
- All-Knowing (Omniscience)
- In our Chinese RCIA class, each student has a Q & A Chinese-English Catechism Book & a Chinese Prayer Book.....
- The next RCIA class is on Creation & Angels...
- This afternoon, I did a wedding at Corpus Christi........
- Here is the link to my Sermon for Wedding.....
This is one of my "standard sermons". I give similar sermons again & again. And here is the link to my standard talks & sermons....