Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My 1st Day in School

Today is the 1st day I did classroom visitations at St. Patrick's elementary school. It was a joyful & fun experience.

At each classroom, I introduced myself & I asked the students to look at a picture of Our Lady from my cultural background. I asked them to guess where I came from....

P1020144 

Correct!!! I am 100% Chinese from Hong Kong. I didn't tell the students my age, but I did tell them that I came to Canada @ 17, and I have been in this country for 15 years!!! You do the Math....

I told the student that I entered the seminary 10 years ago yesterday. Now it is "seminary" NOT "cemetery". In "cemetery" people are waiting to get to heaven, in "seminary" people are waiting to be priests!!!

Yesterday was the birthday of Our Lady. I showed the students one my "pop-up" books....

Our Lady is the best girl ever......

P1020145

In the temple, she prayed, studied, worked & obeyed...

P1020146

She married St. Joseph. And the 2 lived like Angels together.....

P1020147

She said "Yes" to God & became the Mother of God.....

P1020148

She gave birth to Jesus.......

P1020149

Our Lady was once a student. Jesus is the best Teacher in history & Mary is the best Student in history. Students should always ask themselves "What would Mary do?" in different circumstances.

I also invited the students to consider joining our Monday "Queen of Angels Group" in honour of Our Lady.

During recess & lunch time, I got my exercises (soccer & volley ball) with the students.....

P1020117

P1020122

P1020123

P1020125

P1020130 

 

Overall, my 1st day at school was a joyful & fun experience. Thank God for the beautiful school community!!!