Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Busy Sunday

These few days, because my pastor needs to be away a bit, I am quite busy sacramentally. Each day, I need to celebrate 2 to 3 Masses. Today, I had 4 Masses. I try to remember Mother Theresa asking priests to celebrate each Mass as if it is the first, the last, the only Mass.

Today, I preached on the importance of attending Sunday Mass. I talked about why Catholics must go to Mass on Sunday. You can listen to my sermon on-line at the last 2 posts below. If you want to download the file(s) to your computer, MP3 player, or iPod, please visit my Sunday Sermon Page:

LINK TO MY SUNDAY SERMON PAGE

Today, I baptized a baby boy, whose name is Patrick @ St. Patrick's...

P1030037

P1030041

P1030042

P1030044

P1030046

P1030049

This evening, I prayed the Rosary & talked about St. Theresa the Little Flower to the young people from Life Teen....

P1030052 

P1030055

P1030056 

Here is the link to the summary of my talk on St. Theresa...

LINK TO MY POST ON ST. THERESA

I asked the young people to relect on 2 things:

1. St. Theresa is the patron for Mission along with St. Francis Xavier. St. Francis Xavier preached & baptized many people. St. Theresa supported the Mission with her prayer & sacrifice.

2. St. Theresa had the desire to become a saint @ 14. If she thought to herself: "I am young, I have a lot of time, I can enjoy life now, and become holy later." then she would never be a saint. St. Theresa didn't wait, she work on becoming holy immediately. Though her life was short, she didn't waste her time. Her short life became very fruitful. She is still shining in the Church today.   

image