This (early) evening, I gave a talk @ UBC for the Newman Club. A few members of the Chinese CATSO also came. I talked about witnessing for Christ by Word, Example, & Prayer.
- We need to learn the basic of the Faith
- We also need to discover the "why" of the Catholic teachings
- We should keep up our knowledge by readings, by also to use tools like Cd's & DVD
- Dialogue with other people should begin with what units us (i.e. common ground)
- Message should be accompanied by sign
- Our good example is the sign that back up our message
- We should love the people we evangelize (we need to touch not just their mind, but their heart)
- Evangelization is normally accomplished by person-to-person encounter
- In this secular society, the greatest proof of Catholicism is Holiness
- Other things might be dispensable, but prayer & sacrifice are indispensable in apostolic life
- The Grace of God is the main cause of conversion & sanctification. Thus, in order for our apostolic works to bear fruits, we need to have a deep interior life
- There are many souls whom we cannot reach out physically. But we can always reach out to them spiritually by prayer & sacrifice
The recent BC Catholic has an article on the Catholic Associations @ UBC....
To listen to my talk, please go to the last post below. To download please go to the following link...