I spent the day visiting classrooms @ St. Pats Secondary School. I visited a number of Grades 8 & 9 classrooms and talked to the students for about 10 to 15 minutes on Devotion to Our Lady.
Devotion to Our Lady should be from our heart, mind & will.
- We show to our mom that we love her by giving her flowers, esp. on Mothers' Day. We show our love for the Blessed Mother by giving her spiritual roses (the Hail Mary's of the Holy Rosary).
- In times of need, we desire helps from a "mother figure". People who are sick & dying should be reminded of the maternal care of the Blessed Mother.
- The repetition of the Hail Mary's is meant to keep our attention, so that we can think about the Life of Jesus.
- Thinking about Jesus was the favourite form of prayer of Our Lady in her last years on earth
- When we pray the Rosary, we think about Jesus with Mary. She, the best student ever, would help us to learn from Jesus, the best Teacher ever.
- When we pray the Rosary, we are reminded of the virtues of our Lady: Humility, Chastity, & Charity.
- We should imitate her by exercising will-power to put those virtues into practice.
Please try to pray at least one decade of the Holy Rosary everyday (its only takes 4 to 5 minutes).
If you desire to pray more, try to pray 15 decades every week by praying 3 decades on Sunday, & 2 decades from Monday to Saturday.