Sunday, November 30, 2008

1st Sunday of Advent

Today is the 1st Sunday of Advent. I preached about preparing for the coming of Christ in our lives. We need to pray well in order to remove the obstacles of receiving Jesus. The 3 main obstacles are: concupiscence of the flesh, concupiscence of the eyes, and pride of life.

Here is my Chinese Sermon:

You can also listen or download from here.

You can listen or download my English sermon from here. You can also listen to the audio from the last post below.

This afternoon, I went to the Hospital to visit the family suffered from car accident yesterday morning. While I was there, the sad news that 2 boys were declared death was communicated to the parents. I felt very sad today. I ask you please pray for the souls of the 2 boys & for the suffering family.

I was grateful that while I felt tired & upset, God allowed some people to cheer me up a bit this evening. I was invited by some new Catholics to dinner. The godparents were also there. We had a joyful time together.

They gave me a picture….

P1030543 

P1030558

We also took some pictures tonight…

P1030552 

P1030546

P1030547

Auntie Irene & Uncle Alex…

P1030548