Saturday, November 1, 2008

All Saints Day

Today is the Feast of All Saints. This is also the closest Saturday to All Souls. Our parish had the blessing of graves @ the cemetery. My pastor, Fr. Vincent, & I were blessing graves in the morning…

SANY0061

SANY0062

On this Feast of All Saints, I spent part of the afternoon with the Missionaries of Charity. We had Mass….

SANY0063

and after Mass, a sister prepared snacks for me…

SANY0064

It’s good to see the 2nd class relics (her towels & dishes)of Mother Theresa on this Feast of All Saints…

SANY0065

SANY0066

I would like to share with you my short sermon for today. You can download from here or listen to it @ the last post below.

The Holy Spirit moved the Church to establish this Feast of All Saints for a double purpose:

  • to praise God for having completed His salvation in so many of our Christian brothers and sisters throughout the world.
  • to encourage those still living on earth to persevere faithful to Christ inspite of human weakness, inspite of temptation and persecution.