Sunday, November 2, 2008

All Souls Day

Today is All Souls Day. I was busy saying Masses for the dead. Because of pastoral needs, I celebrated 4 Masses today. I preached about the Cross of Christ sheds light on our life, death, & life after death. Jesus came to save us from sin & death. In order to overcome death, we need to overcome sin first.

We should not forget the sufferings of the Holy Souls, and should help them with our Prayer & Penance.

 

P1030355 P1030358

I chose to wear Black Vestments today, because for the people who don’t come to weekday Masses, it is very rare that they see Black Vestments. These Vestments can serve as powerful reminders for people to pray for the dead.

In fact, this morning, the altar servers were very exciting to see my beautiful Gothic Black Vestments. For many children, this is their first time seeing Black Vestments. I received many good comments from parishioners about my Black Vestments. One lady even asked me if she could take a picture of me. I also made use of this teaching opportunity to describe the colors of Vestments priests were allowed to use on All Souls Day. I also explained to them the reasons I chose to wear Black. You can listen to my sermons at the last 2 posts below. You can also download my English sermon here , and my Chinese sermon here.