Here is an outline of my sermon for today:
“Kingdom of God”
1. in our hearts
2. the Church
1. In Our Hearts:
- By grace (purchased for us with the Price of the Blood of Christ)
- Our whole being should be dedicated to God. (mind---assents to truth; will---determines to do good; heart---love God above all; members of the body----works for the sanctification of the soul)
2. The Church:
- Sign (the Church is Sign/Sacrament of God): We should back up our message by signs of love. Souls are conquered not by force, but by love
- Service (to reign is to serve): There is more joy in giving than receiving. We should serve God in others. Man is created for God, he can only found himself by the sincere gift of self.
- Hope: Christ will make things right at The End.
- Intention: Since Christ will judge & reward us, we should do things with the intention to please God, not men.