Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day

It’s Boxing Day!!! My great highlight for the day is to celebrate Mass for the Missionaries of Charity (Mother Theresa’s nuns). Since the sisters are usually busy serving the poor on Dec. 25, the custom of their community is to have communal celebration of Christmas on Dec. 26. I offered a Solemn Mass for them, and the sisters prepared a lunch for me.

P1030799   

P1030798

This afternoon, I listened to Radio Sabina @ wdtprs.com while unwrapping my Christmas gifts….

P1030800 

Q: What kind of gifts do a priest get at Christmas?

A: All kinds of things, but mainly chocolate & wine.

 

P1030801

I thank those who gave me Christmas cards & gifts this year. Of course, I cannot eat all the chocolate & drink all the wine by myself. I will have to share. It’s good to share at Christmas, isn’t it?

This gift is particularly humorous:

P1030803