Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Prayer Requests

Sometimes I am really amazed by the “coincident” in my priestly life. I shared with you on a post, how I had to pray for 3 babies who died in 24 hours. Today I did the funeral for one of the twins who died. Right before the funeral Mass, I was informed by the Children’s Hospital that there were going to be another pair of twins transferring there, and one was not going to live.

For some reasons, I needed to wait and standby in the hospital for more than 4 hours. This evening I baptized the twins. I also gave the one who was dying the Sacrament of Confirmation and the Anointing of the Sick. I ask you please keep the babies and the family in your prayers. With the dad’s permission, I am sharing 2 photos of the twins with you.

The Baby Boy:

P1030853 

The Baby Girl (who is dying):

P1030854

I also found out today that the 19 years old boy I visited has died. In your charity, please keep him and his family in your prayers.

The shortest life is the best life if it leads us to the eternal.---ST. FRANCIS DE SALES.

 

Today, I was touched by the staff of the Spiritual Care Department. Even tough they were not Catholics, they told me that they were thinking about me and praying for me, because they knew that I had saw many human sufferings during this busy Season of Christmas. I am very thankful for the supports that I have received as chaplain of the hospitals.

UPDATE (Dec 31): The baby girl did pass away last night. Please keep the family in your prayers. Thanks.