Monday, March 23, 2009

Birthday & Baptism

Finally 33!!!

I am very grateful for all the good wishes and celebrations for my birthday.

God is good! 2 years on a roll, He let me celebrated birthday with Baptism.

Last year, my birthday was on Easter Sunday (March 23rd), and I had the joy to baptize a group of Chinese Catechumens on Easter Vigil (March 22nd).

 

This year, the day before my birthday, I had the joy of baptizing 3 lovely babies at St. Patrick’s.

P1040152

P1040154

P1040156

Yesterday afternoon, I offered the 3 PM Chinese Mass for the people I baptized last year on March 22nd and for other members of the Chinese community whom I baptized in the past 2 years. During the Mass I also had the joy to do the Second Scrutiny for the Chinese Catechumens who will be baptized this Easter.

P1040159

P1040163

During Communion, the choir sang this Chinese blessing hymn for my birthday:

After Mass, they had a little tea party for me.

P1040167

 P1040172

Today I led my Chinese prayer group (Our Lady of the Rosary Prayer Group).

P1040174

P1040176

A good number of this Prayer Group are new Catholics I baptized last year…

P1040178

….most of them were baptized on March 22nd. So we also celebrated their 1st Anniversary of Baptism as well.

These 2 new members of our Prayer Group…..

P1040179 

….the one on the left: she also celebrated her birthday TODAY. And the one on the right, she celebrated her birthday yesterday. So we had triple birthday celebration!!!

We went out for lunch….

P1040181

This afternoon, children of Queen of Angels Group at St. Patrick’s had a small party for me…

P1040188

….2 girls made the cake last night.

P1040186

This evening, my English Prayer Group people gave me a “surprise” birthday supper…

P1040191

P1040192

Last year, I told the people that able to do Baptism for 18 people at Easter was my greatest Birthday Gift.

This year I consider these 2 as my greatest Birthday Gifts:

1st: to be able to celebrate with so many people whom I love, especially with the ones I baptized last year.

2nd: to be able to do Baptism this year close to my birthday---- The 3 lovely babies on the 22nd. And I am looking forward to baptize the 3 children I have been instructing since last year on coming Wednesday, the 25th (the Feast of the Annunciation). That day will also be the 20th Anniversary of my own Confirmation.

[P1030787[4].jpg]

[P1030969[5].jpg]

I do have Birthday Wish:

O my Jesus, I beg You on behalf of the whole Church: Grant it love and the light of Your Spirit, and give power to the words of priests so that hardened hearts might be brought to repentance and return to You, O Lord. Lord, give us holy priests; You yourself maintain them in holiness. O Divine and Great High Priest, may the power of Your mercy accompany them everywhere and protect them from the devil’s traps and snares which are continually being set for the souls of priests. May the power of Your mercy, O Lord, shatter and bring to naught all that might tarnish the sanctity of priests, for You can do all things.---ST. FAUSTINA KOWALSKA. (March 24, 1937)