Visiting & Staying in Rome (April 20 to 26)
St. Paul (This is the Year of St. Paul)
The place where Sts. Peter & Paul were imprisoned:
The place where St. Paul was beheaded (and the 3 fountains):
The Place where St. Paul is buried (Basilica of St Paul outside the wall):
St. Peter (Head of the Apostles)
St. Peter met Our Lord & returned to Rome for martyrdom:
St. Peter’s Chain:
St. Peter’s Basilica (Burial site of St. Peter):
Meeting the Successor of St. Peter (Papal Audience on April 22):
This is what the Pope said on April 22:
The Cathedral Church of the Pope, St. John Lateran Basilica:
Some Reflections on the Lives of Sts. Peter & Paul:
- Not all the saints began well, but all of them finished well.
- Both Sts. Peter & Paul were sinners who became saints.
- Peter sinned by denying Our Lord 3 times out of weakness, and Paul sinned by persecuting the Church out of ignorance.
- They did not sin out of malice as Judas did, and so they were able to receive mercy from God.
- Once they were forgiven, they got up from their sinfulness. They carried their cross all the way to martyrdom. Their love for Christ grew day-by-day to the point of heroism.
More to come:
Part 3: Some Beautiful Scenes
Part 4: Time with Mother Mary
Part 5: Seven Wonderful Saints