The calming of the sea was part of the training of the Apostles for their Faith in Christ.
- There was a storm (sea & evil spirits)
- Jesus was asleep (exemplifies the perfect trust in God)
- Jesus commanded the storm (manifesting His divine authority)
- Reaction of the disciples (replacing natural fear with “fear of the Lord”)
In life we face:
- Storm of sorrow (we need hope in eternal life)
- Storm of problem (we need to strive doing God’s Will)
- Storm of anxiety (we need to put trust in God through prayer)
When we are confronted with storm on life’s journey, the we should focus on “Christ” not “self”.
My English Sermon:
My Chinese Sermon: