Here is the outline and supplement (base on Exposition of Christian Doctrine) of my talk given to my 3 prayer groups on June 15th, 21st, & 22nd.
God’s Mercy toward Man:
- Promise of the Redeemer. Re-establishment of the union between God and man,
- Religion: Natural & Supernatural (Obligation of practicing supernatural religion, and its successive developments)
- Jesus Christ the center of the divine plan
Promises of the Messiah:
- Signification of the word Messiah
- To Adam, the father of the human race.
- To Sem, of whose race the Saviour was to be born.
- To Abraham, the father of the chosen people.
- To Isaac, eldest son of Abraham, and imitator of his faith.
- To Jacob, heir of the divine promises.
- To Juda, head of the tribe of which the Messiah was to be born.
- To Moses, leader of the Hebrew people.
- To David, head of the family of which the Messiah was to be born.
- Characters of these Promises.
Preparation of the coming of the Messiah
FIRST PERIOD (From Adam to Moses):
- Cain & Abel
- The posterity of Cain: the children of men & the posterity of Seth: the children of God
- The corruption of men
- The building of the ark
- The Deluge
- God’s covenant with Noe
- The tower of Babel
- The dispersion of men
- General idolatry
- The choice of God’s people
- The call of Abraham
- God’s covenant with Abraham
- Isaac and Jacob
The Patriarchal Religion:
- The existence of one only God.
- Belief in angels and devils.
- The original fall.
- Hope of a Redeemer to come.
- Life everlasting.
- The Natural Law.
- Obligation of tending to God by supernatural virtues.
- Prayer and sacrifice.
- Precepts relating to worship.
- Priests of the primitive religion.
My Chinese Talk:
My English Talk: