Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Sunday Sermon for 17th Sunday

Today I preached about right attitude towards the works of God, and right attitude towards friendship.

 

Attitude towards the works of the God

  • We should do whatever we can. If we do our best, God will do the rest.
  • We should try, like St. Andrew, to bring others to Christ.

 

Attitude towards friendship

  • Do not befriend God or others just to get something out of them.
  • Our love must be God-centered, not self-centered. Must be self-giving, not selfish.

 

The Sacrifice of the Mass helps to form right attitudes in our hearts.

Normally, our interior dispositions determine what our external expression of them shall be. Here [at the Mass] the external expression is given to us and we have to make our interior dispositions correspond to it.---DOM EUGENE BOYLAN, O.C.S.O.

 

My English Sermon:

Download

My Chinese Sermon:

 Download

 

Here is the website for my other sermons.