This evening (under the heat wave), we gathered at St. Mary, and listened to a wonderful presentation by Jeff Cavins on “The Power of Praise and Thanksgiving”.
Here are some things I have learned this evening:
- When faced with the battle of real life, praise should goes first.
- To praise God, we must know Him and His plan.
- Along with praise, we should have a thankful heart like Our Lady.
Here are some “pointers” to praise & thanksgiving:
1. praise as a form of discipline (not depend on feelings)
2. thanks for small & ordinary things
3. in all circumstances
4. should set aside time each day to thank God
5. publicly & corporally (esp. Holy Mass)
6. voluntarily fast from something that we take it for granted
7. keep a record of God’s blessings
8. show gratitude & thankfulness to people
9. if suffering from anxiety & worry, then raise and give thanks.