Last weekend I was with the youth of St. Patrick’s for a weekend retreat @ Stave Lake in Mission, BC.
I gave the youth spiritual talks (I tried to keep them short & sweet!!!):
1st Talk: on Getting Rid of Sin
2nd Talk: on Identifying the Wrong Path to Sin
3rd Talk: on Identifying the Strong Points
Final Talk: on getting to the heart of the matter. Also to learn and to spread….
Some main points from talks:
- Important to confess ALL mortal sin
- Try to identify the reasons behind sin. Ask yourself: why did I commit that sin?
- Do not overlook the good qualities in yourself and in others. Strive to strengthen them in you and affirm them in others.
- When doing things, strive to do them with pure motive.
- We must keep learning with humility and keep reaching out with prayer.
There were activities before & after each talk:
Mass in honor of the Assumption of Our Lady:
Here is the Sermon of the Mass:
Temporary Blessed Sacrament Chapel:
Beautiful Scenes at Stave Lake:
Food & Fun!!! (with electronic “camp fire”)
Group Photo @ St. Pat’s: