Thursday, October 1, 2009

I am happy today!!!

I am very thankful to be the chaplain of St. Patrick’s Secondary School this year!

Today we started a new initiative: Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at lunch time.

The beauty of this initiative is that it was the students who asked for it!

There were 35 students. The small chapel was packed. I exposed the Blessed Sacrament. We prayed the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for those in our school who were in most need of the mercy and grace of God. I told them a Eucharistic story. We spent couple minutes of quiet time in adoration. I gave the Benediction. The whole meeting lasted about 20 minutes, and I am very happy to see the prayerfulness of our students. I was also edified to see our principal and a teacher came to pray with the students.

We plan to have Adoration every Thursday. Another initiative is to have Confessions every Wednesday and Friday during lunch. I pray that our students will be touched by Jesus through the Sacraments. 

The little chapel of St. Patrick’s Secondary School (please click image for school website):

image

The Eucharistic Miracles of the World (please click image for Real Presence website):

image