Saturday, October 31, 2009

Photos of Oct 31, 2009: Baptism, Blessing of Graves, & Relics

This morning, I did a baby Baptism at the 9 AM Mass. It is the last day of the Month of the Holy Rosary. I offered the votive Mass of Our Lady. May our Blessed Lady protect this baby always.

image

After the Mass, we drove to Ocean View Cemetery for the annual blessing of graves. I think I blessed around 30 graves. May they rest in peace!

image

image

image

After the blessing of graves, I went to visit a young man, Francis, who read my BC Catholic articles and this blog. He showed me his collection of holy relics & religious images.

image

image

Francis generously gave me 2 first class relics and many 2nd & 3rd class relics.

The two 1st class relics he gave me are from Saint John Neumann and Blessed Dominic of the Mother of God.

image

imageBlessed Dominic of the Mother of God received John Henry Newman (who will be beatified next year) into the Catholic Church. I am very glad to receive a 2nd class relic of John Henry Newman as well.

P1070423

image

Francis gave me many other 2nd & 3rd class relics of holy men and women, whose lives I will need to read up.

image  image image

image

image

I sincerely thank Francis for these wonderful treasures, and I wish him a Blessed Feast of All Saints tomorrow.