Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Saintly Quote of the Day Completed

P1030501

Last year on November 21, I started the Saintly Quote of the Day using the “Thoughts and Counsels” session of an antique book.

A year has passed, and I have put all the quotes up already. Of course, I will continue to post good quotations from time to time.

Thank you for your attentions in the past year.

I am spending less time in blogging now, because pastoral life has been keeping me busy. Beside, I have committed myself to write a weekly column (Pax Sinica) for the BC Catholic newspaper, and to help out Vancouver FLL in Chinese radio & TV. But I will continue to post good materials to this blog from time to from (hopefully can do so at least 2 to 3 times a week). I pray that this blog can be helpful for your spiritual life. 

Here are couple quotes from AN UNPUBLISHED MANUSCRIPT ON PURGATORY:

Q: Do you know each other in Purgatory?

A: Yes, in the manner in which souls know. There are no names in the other world. You cannot compare Purgatory and Earth. When the soul is free and released from its mortal shell, its name is buried in the grave with the body…. we now have no more self-will at all, we know and realize only that which it pleases God to let us know, nothing more.

Q: Do you speak to each other in Purgatory?

A: Souls communicate with each other when God permits it, and after the manner of souls, but without words. Yes it is true I speak to you, but are you a spirit? Would you understand me if I did not pronounce words? But for myself, as God wills it so, I understand you without your pronouncing any words with your lips. There is communication between spirits and souls on earth. Thus when you have a good thought or a holy desire, they have been communicated to you by your Guardian Angel or by some saint, and sometimes by God Himself. That is the language of souls.