Saturday, January 16, 2010

Photos from the Past Week

Last Saturday (January 9) we had FLL 生命恩泉 (www.fll.cc ) Vancouver volunteers gathering.

DSC_1015

DSC_1017

DSC_1024

On Sunday (January 10), I participated a retreat for the grade 12 girls of St. Patrick’s high school.

image

image

image

image

image

Here is my sermon for the girls. I talks a lot about St. Theresa the Little Flower.

 

Download

image

image

image

imageMonday Chinese Prayer Group in the presence of about 25 relics:

 image

image

Early this week, I cleaned up my office and made room for a small shrine for the relics under my care:

 image

Joyful:

image

Luminous:

image

Relic of the True Cross (with St. Mary Mary Magdalen, St John Vianney, & St. Philomena):

image

Sorrowful:

image

Glorious:

image

I am working on having expositions of sacred relics during Lent at high school, elementary school, & retreats.

On Tuesday (January 12) evening, I did recording for FLL 生命恩泉 radio programs. This time FLL Vancouver coordinator, Irene Wong, did the recording with me. Hopefully, having another voice at my talks will help to make the program more lively. You can start hearing Irene’s voice at my talk on January 30. If you are from Toronto, it’s AM 1430 @ 6 PM on Saturday. If you are from Vancouver, it’s AM 1470 @ 8 PM on Saturday.

 image

In the last few days, I gave away a number of 3rd class relics of Mother Teresa to young people. It’s wonderful to see the joy of young people receiving relics. For most of them, it was the first time they received a relic.

image

I feel blessed to have a 2nd class relic of Mother Teresa:

P1070947This crucifix is a reliquary which contains the relics of St. Paul of the Cross, St. Vincent Mary Strambi, St. Gabriel Possenti, St. Gemma Galgani, & St. Maria Goretti. I love to carry this crucifix with me, and to make the Stations of the Cross with it. I used this crucifix to bless young people this week during classroom visits.

image image

This week I also prayed much for the poor people in Haiti. Let’s continue to pray for all those who are suffering now, and for those who have died.