Monday, June 7, 2010

Busy Weekend

It was a busy weekend. On Saturday (June 5), we had graduation Mass and ceremony for the Grade 12 students of St. Patrick’s Secondary School

image image

In the evening, there was paste dinner. It was a fund-raising event for 2011 World Youth Day. I performed during the dinner by singing two songs: one in English and one in Latin. It was fun!!!

My pastor is away for a week in Rome, so I am all by myself this week!!! Yesterday, I did all the Masses here at St. Pat’s, plus the Confessions and Chinese Mass @ Corpus Christi. I also led my Chinese prayer group in the evening. I was literally praying all day!!!

Today, I did small expositions of holy relics for the students of Corpus Christi elementary school. I displayed relics at four different classrooms, gave a talk on veneration of relics, and give opportunities for the students to ask questions and to view the relics closely.

image image image image

I introduced a new practice for my three prayer groups--- to pray the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Litany of Loreto) at the end of meeting. The evening groups spent the first 45 minutes prayed in church with Night Prayer, Rosary, and Benediction., and the second 45 minutes at a meeting room for talks on the Catechism and on lives of the Saints. Saying the litany at the end gives us the opportunity to spend time praying before holy relics.

To download the litany in Chinese, please click HERE and HERE.

To download the litany in English, please click HERE.