Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baptism on June 29

June 29 (last Tuesday) was the Feast of Sts. Peter & Paul. I think it was the happiest day for me this year. That evening, I baptized 11 Chinese people. Most of them were introduced or referred to me by other people and friends in the Chinese community. In the past year, I tailored for them Catechism classes according to their levels and schedules. I am very happy that one of the newly baptized is the result of our weekly Chinese radio program and of my personal website. Among the 11 newly baptized 5 of them also received the Sacrament of Confirmation and 7 of them received 1st Communion.

Since there were 11 people getting baptized, I placed the bone relics of the 11 martyrs of Nowogrodek at the place of Baptism.

imageimage

Introductory rites at the entrance of the church.

 image image

Baptismal promises and Baptism

 image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Christ our Light !!!

 image image image

Sacrament of Confirmation.

image image image image

1st Communion

 image image image

Blessing of Brown Scapular & praying 3 Hail Marys to entrust the newly baptized to Our Lady

 image image image image

Photo with the newly baptized

 image

Photo with the newly baptized & godparents

image

After Baptism, these new Catholics will continue to receive instructions during summer time, and they will join prayer groups in order to grow in Faith. Please keep them in your prayers.