Attended Day of Recollection for Priests this morning. Came away with these spiritual thoughts:
- Lukewarmness is a spiritual sickness (decrease from hotness and coldness spiritually).
- One of the main causes is desire to save one’s soul with minimum efforts.
- Fostering a serious life of piety with emphases on devotion to Our Lady is great remedy against lukewarmness.
- Self-denial is very important. Do not long for compensation here on earth.
- Our heart is meant to be filled with God, not with things.
- “The world” (worldly attitudes) is a big enemy for spiritual life.