Thursday, March 31, 2011

Visitors from Portugal

This afternoon, I had the joy to receive visitors from Portugal.

I mentioned in my last post that one of the special highlights for the pilgrimage was to celebrate Mass at the Chapel of Apparition in Fatima on March 16. Antonio Marto (a relative of the Blessed Francisco and Jacinta Marto) was a guard at the shrine who served at the Mass. He came to visit me with his friends from Portugal.

Antonio Marto attended St. Patrick’s Elementary School in Vancouver as a young boy, and he is a friend of couple of staff members of St. Patrick’s High School and Elementary School.

 image

One of his friends who is visiting Vancouver is Dinis Brites, a professional singer, who will be performing this Saturday in Vancouver.

HERE is his site. He also showed me a song he sang in honor of Our Lady of Fatima posted on Facebook.

It was a joy for me to give him special blessing and a relic medal.

image

image

May they have a wonderful visit in Vancouver!