Tuesday, September 27, 2011

40 Days for Life

image

The following message was sent to the Vancouver members of FLL from me regarding 40 Days for Life.

 

FLL volunteers,

You Can Help Save Lives!

From September 28 - November 6, Vancouver is uniting with hundreds of other cities around the world for the largest and longest coordinated pro-life mobilization in history -- the 40 Days for Life campaign. 

Recognizing that “with God all things are possible,” people of faith are praying that this effort will help bring an end to the tragedy of abortion.

We are praying that, with God's help, this groundbreaking effort will mark the beginning of the end of abortion in Vancouver -- and throughout Canada. 

40 days for life in Vancouver will be praying in front of Women's Hospital and Health Center 24/7 from Sept 28 to Nov 6.  The designated location is Heather between W. 29th and 30th Ave.  (pls see map on 40days web site - link below).

To keep thing simple, since it is our first year of participation, I urge you to pray for the intentions of 40daysforlife in your daily prayers at home and at church, in union with the thousand 40day prolifers in the Archdiocese to end abortion.

For further information on the event, please go to:

If you do decide to pray in front of Women's hospital, please read the following guidelines.

I will abide by the following:

1. I will only pursue peaceful solutions to the violence of abortion when volunteering with the 40 Days for Life campaign

2. I will show compassion and reflect Christ’s love to all abortion facility employees, volunteers, and customers

3. I understand that acting in a violent or harmful manner immediately and completely disassociates me from the 40 Days for Life campaign

4. I am in no way associated with the abortion facility or its affiliates by way of employment, informant, volunteer, client, or otherwise


While standing in the city right of way in front of the abortion facility:

5. I will not obstruct the driveways or sidewalk while standing in the public right of way

6. I will not litter on the public right of way

7. I will closely attend to any children I bring to the prayer vigil

8. I will not threaten, physically contact, or verbally abuse the abortion facility employees, volunteers, or customers

9. I will not vandalize private property

10. I will cooperate with local city authorities