Yesterday, September 8, was the Birthday of Our Lady. It was also the 13th anniversary of my entrance to the seminary.
It was a great joy for me to baptize, confirmed, and gave 1st Communion to Grandma Tam (譚婆婆) in Cantonese @ Our Lady of Fatima Parish.
The family & friends of Grandma Tam and some students of my Chinese Catechism class came to this joyous celebration.
Here are the main points of my sermon:
- Grandma Tam and I shared the same birthday (March 23)
- But from now on, we will have anniversary on the same date (September 8)---her Baptism and my entrance to seminary
- We celebrate birthday of Jesus, Mary, and John the Baptist during the liturgical year because they were born without original sin
- In Baptism, our sins are forgiven. Baptism is our spiritual birthday
- Our Lady’s body was
- without sin,
- the temple of the Holy Spirit, and
- the temple for the Body of Jesus
- By Baptism & Confirmation, Grandma Tam will become the temple of the Holy Spirit
- In Holy Communion, her body will also welcome the Body of Jesus
- Entrust one’s spiritual life to Our Lady