Friday, September 23, 2011

St. Philomena

A good lady gave me a big picture of St. Philomena as an act of thanksgiving for answered prayers. I am very happy to hang this lovely picture at my prayer room. I am very honored to have a 1st class relic of the saint.

image 

image

This picture inspired me to pray to St. Philomena for personal needs.

Please click HERE for an article on the  Present Ecclesial Status of Devotion to Saint Philomena.

Please visit  a site dedicated to her: http://www.philomena.us/

Today, I came across the beautiful signing of a Cantonese thanksgiving hymn on You tube:

Today is the Feast of St. Pio. This week, I used a relic of Padre Pio to bless the students at school and in PREP. I told stories about this wonderful saint to the young people. May we all learn from him to love prayer and to pray well.

image

It’s wonderful to watch the video of the last Mass of Padre Pio (September 22, 1968)

Please visit www.fatheranthonyho.ca for my latest uploads of articles, sermons, and talks.