Friday, August 3, 2012

Fake facebook account

image

Someone set up a fake facebook account using my name and 2 of my photos around 9 AM this morning. That person sent out friend requests to many of my friends, and then chatted with them asking for money for someone having kidney complications in Uganda. Please ignore that fake account, and defriend it.

Here is the link to the FAKE account:

http://www.facebook.com/franthony.ho

The fake account name is “Fr- Anthony Ho” and the site address ends with “franthony.ho” Also, I was not born on Feb. 19.

I have only ONE facebook account and its account name is “Anthony Ho”, and the site address ends with “fatheranthonyho”

Here is the link to the TRUE account:

http://www.facebook.com/fatheranthonyho

My true account has more than 5,000 “friends”, and now people who are not my “friends” can also Subscribe to it.

image

Here is one conversation the impostor had, trying to get money using my name, and the parts of the imposter are underlined. 

Greetings

Peace and Grace of our Lord Be with You!

Hi Fr. Anthony, Peace be with you too!

How have you been?
Where are you currently?

I'm doing ok. I'm working from home today.
How is your new assignment?

Great..but I have a small problem here. Can you please do for me this urgent favor?

What's the problem?

I have just received a message from one of the students I do help in the university in Uganda, that he has a kidney complication.

Can you please help me and send him some urgent assistance from there?
I will refund you later.

How do I do that?

Can you please send the boy $ 400?
Please let me know how much you can send him through Western Union Money Transfer.

send me the info

Please give me your current e-mail address
so that I send you the info

email it to my regular email account. i need to run now. going out for lunch. will talk later.

Another conversation:

It is all fine.How have you been?
Where are you currently?

very good

im still in hong kong

ooh I see...Can you please do for me this urgent favor?

will be going into 2nd yr philiosophy in holy spirit seminary next year

what is the urgent favor?

I have just received a message from one of the students I do help in the university in Uganda, that he has a kidney complication.

??

Can you please help me and send him some urgent assistance from there?

who are you?

do not think so sorry

Please pray for the impostor, that he/she will be truly sorry for the sin.